Session 743 at Learning 2011
Title: Corporate Sustainability: The Next Great Learning Opportunity
Room Location: Coronado R
Day and Time: Tuesday, 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm
Session Format: Workshop
Led By: Grant Ricketts - Principal, LearningGovernance.com
Session Description: Corporate sustainability is an emerging mega-trend that impacts all aspects of business: strategy, manufacturing/supply chain operations, product design/development, facilities, IT, marketing and corporate culture. Effective sustainability strategies require active engagement by people throughout the organization. We'll address the opportunities for HR/Talent and Learning leaders to develop the new skills and people engagement strategies needed to address the range of challenges that sustainability presents.
- How sustainability spurs initiatives to cut costs, ignite innovation, increase efficiency, reduce risk and inspire employees
- New opportunities sustainability presents for HR/Learning leaders
- What actions or planning steps should be considered for your organization?
Download Audio [ 743 Ricketts ]
Facilitate interactive discussion around 4 conversation points, each organized around a guiding discussion question to encourage audience participation and a 'tool' or reference example to help illustrate each concept. Discussion questions can include:
1) What is sustainability and what does it mean in a corporate environment?
2) What is 'your' company doing today? What have other companies done?
3) What opportunities are presented for HR/Learning leaders?
4) What actions or steps should HR/Learning leaders consider when they go back to their companies?
Intro: “This is a ‘curiosity’ session. The objective is to simply help you create or generate some new ideas about what learning could be in your organization..” Come explore something new, different and exciting. You'll be glad you did.
|Learning 2011_Sustainability Discussion_Handout_Masie.doc||Grant||Nov 01, 2011||515 KB|
|Session Handout to help frame discussion|
|Learning 2011_Sustainability Workshop_Nov 2011_LO.pptx||Grant||Nov 08, 2011||4.6 MB|
|Workshop Discussion Slides|